Sunday, July 17, 2011

The McQueen Tee

Fabric Painting project: McQueen Tshirt
There's an absolutely adorable young man who

- Loves Spiderman

- Absolutely hates if somebody calls him a baby

- Is the only young boy in our circle of friends

- Is celebrating his birthday this week....


Making something nice handmade for him was really difficult for me because I'm mostly surrounded by girls...mostly my ideas always include...flowers, bows, ruffles, polka dots, ribbons...you get the picture.

Nothing which will be appreciated by a self respecting young man.


I bounced off several ideas in my head...finally came up with this Mcqueen Tee.
Because other than the above this young man also LOVES McQueen!!!
The front:
painting a McQueen graphic

And the Back:
fabric painting a cars tshirt

This project was way out of my comfort zone but I think it turned out cute. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the young man likes it...we will see...
If not, I'll just keep reminding myself not to refer him as baby.

11 comments:

  1. That is so cool, and you have inspired me - I'm giving only handmade gifts this Christmas and have a 24 year old son so I have been stumped as to what to make for him. Luckily he is a t-shirt addict so you can guess what he'll be getting as his present!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous top - and a great colour! Perfect gift

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you manage to make cute Mac Queen ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. my son would love this! very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this........try some more options for boys..

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome! (I'm a McQueen lover myself!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, very cool! How did you make this? Freezer paper? Thank you for linking up last week at Sew Woodsy! Please come back tomorrow and link up your most recent project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And U remember, he didn't eat my birthday cake @SantaBarbara as it was pink ?? heheeh

    ReplyDelete

Leave some sugar :)