Saturday, January 28, 2012

Lucky Layers Tiered Dress

Sewing Project: Lucky Layers Tiered Dress
Tiered dress

I made this dress with Kate Spain's Good Fortune Collection. I spent a lot of time figuring out the right combinations, because all the colors and prints in this collection are so delicious. Finally, I gave up trying and thought I will just figure out as I go...or I would never complete this dress.
Shirred back dress
I should have saved my breath..Kate has already done such a great job of selecting colors and patterns for this line that whatever you select you always have a winner. You may ( or may not ) remember this layered skirt I made earlier with the same collection.
Dress from Kate Spain Good Fortune Fabric
The dress looks great on my toddler. It has great twirl factor, even though my monkey doesn't yet know what to do with it.

I'm working on the tutorial now...in case you were wondering.


Pin It

7 comments:

  1. This layers skirt look so beautiful and wonderful.This color combinations are so attractive and fabulous.


    scooters

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this dress! I have a job at a quilt shop and I recognize that fabric, I love the dragonflies. I found you via the Flamingo Toe Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous dress - I'm sure your daughter will soon figure out the twirls and then you won't be able to stop her! :)


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh gorgeous dress and YAY a tutorial coming! Those fabrics are so great together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous dress! I love dresses that twirl well. They're so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job & love the print choices. Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday - can't wait to see what you link up next!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some sugar :)