Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Snow bib

Sewing Project: Snow Bib

So we needed some snow gear for our recent trip to Lake Tahoe. I tried finding snow-pants/snow-bibs at our local stores but since this region doesn't get any snow, I was out of luck.  It was too late to order online. So I did what any sewing mama would do. Made my own.


I bought a pair of men's nylon pants and just cut it apart to make a snow bib for the little one. I wasn't still sure that this is exactly what we needed so I sought advice from the members of a sewing forum.


After many mamas in the snowy areas approved them, I felt much more confident about them.


The little one wore them to our outing at the ski resort and they worked perfectly. She didn't get wet and neither did she feel cold. I'm so pleased with myself :)

I'm working on a tutorial, but if you're impatient, the construction is pretty similar to these Rumble-Tumble Coveralls.

Pin It

10 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I never would have thought of trying to make something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love it if your shared this with my new blog hop:

    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/01/show-your-stuff-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have never thought to do this! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Cute ! We will need some of these soon :)

    I hope you will share at my party, Some Good Stuff: http://some-good-times.blogspot.com/2012/01/some-good-stuff-2.html

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute.. I love the pink polka dots..thanks for sharing
    Love
    Hani

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Great idea. I never would have tried sewing snow gear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT idea! I'm featuring your snow bib this week on Topsy Turvy Tuesdays. thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! My almost three year old is super tall and this would allow me to make a pair that fits her waist and is long enough! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely fabulous! Great job!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave some sugar :)