Monday, May 7, 2012

Nailpolish painted Jars: Five minutes gift for Mom

DIY gift idea: Nailpolish Painted Jars


painted jar DIY


We all have these women in our life...who wouldn't give a second look to the trendy shoes, in vogue dresses or the coolest new accessory, but show them a new kitchen gadget, A pretty kitchen towel or a fancy schmancy salad spinner and they would swoon.  They love spending time in their kitchens, and love pretty things for their kitchens ( and thank God for such women, or the world would never have known culinary wonders). Here's a quick and easy to make gift that is sure to please a kitchen fashionista.

Supplies:

A glass jar 
Marker (washable or permanent- basically anything that can draw on a jar)
Porcelain paint tube ( black)
Nailpolish - any colors of your choice ( medium to dark shades - no pastels)
 

Instructions:


drawing a design on jar using marker


1. Draw the desired pattern with a marker.

painting jar with nailpolish

painting jar with nailpolish

2. Use a nail-polish to fill inside the pattern you made. Use multiple coats to make the colors visible. Let dry for an hour.



porcelain paint on jar

3. Now use a black porcelain tube paint to draw outlines of the pattern. Keep it out in Sun for a day and let dry.

jar tied with ribbon

4. Tie a coordinating ribbon around the neck of the jar. Fill it with something Mom likes. Send her way.

I'm not sure if the paint is indestructible ( probably not) but here is a jar that I painted 4 years ago.

nailpolish painted jars
I have been using it constantly since then and it does get placed into the dishwasher every couple of weeks. So it isn't like they can't be used for long.

So there you have it...Pretty Polished Jars for Mom.


Pin It

10 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! I've got try this!
    Ps- thank you so much for your comment on my site about early potty training, your experience is so inspirational

    ReplyDelete
  2. This a such a cute, fast idea! I love it! Could you use a porcelain pen? Saw you at Hodgepodge Life and happily following you via GFC! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, to make such a nice gift decorated with nailpolish. Certainly something to keep in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally awesome! I'm always looking for a quick project with jars!!! WOWza!

    I already posted this on another one of your post but We would LOVE for you to stop over and link these up, too, in our Crafty Saturday Showcase.

    Thank you!
    Susie @Bowdabra
    http://bowdabrablog.com/2012/05/12/saturday-showcase-craft-projects/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Supper cute idea. Thanks for sharing this @ The Sunday Round Up.
    Hope to see you again next week.
    Rose
    http://www.arosiesweethome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! and it looks like they last for quiet a while!!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea! ADORABLE!!! :) Would love to have you join in at my linky party - stringtownhome.blogspot.com.

    Have a great week! {So glad I found you - I'm a new follower!}
    -heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for participating in Show Your Stuff Blog Hop, You are invited to come back:
    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/05/show-your-stuff-24-bread-machine-banana.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this & omg cannot believe you have one that has held up for FOUR years! Thats great, there's nothing worse then when something you like doesn't stand up to the test of time. Thank you for linking up your wonderful ideas & I hope you will stop by & link up to My Favorite Things Friday Party this week too! I look forward to what you have to share!
    XoXo
    Iffy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I really love this idea! I usually use nail polish in some of my crafts and now I know I can use them in the mason jars that I use as votive candle holders. They are as naked as they are and soon they will be dressed! :)

    Thanks for sharing! I saw your post at Thrifty 101 blog party!

    mayjescafe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave some sugar :)