Friday, June 8, 2012

Breezy Dress from Qulit blocks

Breezy Sundress Sewing Project
breezy dress





I knew I loved this collection from Ellen, the moment I first saw it one her blog. Cheerful bright primary colors, geometrical shapes, it has that fun vibe to it.
I finally broke down last week and bought a yard of this Quilt Blocks Collection from Moda Fabrics.

Bodice closeup of breezy dress

It was difficult to decide on just one fabric from the collection but I thought this fabric fit the design that I had in mind. Unfortunately, the design I envisioned didn't work out, so I had a change of plans.

lace inlay neckline

Close-up of neckline, with a lace inlay. A hot pink lace would have been better, but I didn't have any on hand. So I had to make do with a baby pink.

border at hemline
A close up of the border attached at the hemline.
The good thing is that it fits munchkin well.

Now we just need to add some icing...I do have a couple of ideas in mind like always. Will keep you posted.
Have a good weekend!





Pin It