Monday, June 4, 2012

My perfect tank

Sewing tips: Fixing Tank Top Neckline


I snagged these tank tops for $1.90 each at Old Navy Memorial Day sale. Nice soft fabric ( 94% cotton, 6% spandex), great colors and classic stripes print. The problem? Gaping neckline, and too deep armscye.

But then, how can these minor issues deter a sewing mama from snagging a deal. Just two small seams at both shoulders, only about two inches below the original

See? Like this

fix a plunging neckline

And a small snip! Ta da! My perfect tank at a perfect price. Now I'm kicking myself for buying only two of them.



Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Great! I recently tried to do this with a cheap mini-dress I bought, but tightened it up too much... I will now have to unpick and re-stitch with a bit more space for my arms, sigh... more haste less speed once again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice work! most often i do this. prefect fit at cheap price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant!! TFS!! Stopping by from Show Me What You Got linky party.

    Here is what I shared: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.ca/2012/06/kids-roll-up-nap-blanket.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great, and so easy too. Now I can buy tanks knowing I can fix them up. I always have that problem. Thanks for sharing at our Pinteresting Party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought 8 of these the other day!!! When I saw the same one I bought I had to click on the link to see what changes you made. Great idea to tighten it up some. I have just been wearing them under things or in the backyard with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought 8 of them over the holiday. :) I may have to do this as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing how you made the alterations. I've moved this from the 'Baby' linky to the 'Sewing Tips and Techniques' link party...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, great idea! I never know how to make these little fixes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great fix-up!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave some sugar :)