Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Layer Cake Dress


The birthday dress! Little Missy's choice!
Yes the little monkey caught a glimpse of a similar dress in a Sew N Show at sewingmamas.com. She fell real bad for the birthday cake dress, so much so that she wouldn't let me shut down the computer nor change the window until I made her one. I don't remember her being this pleased with anything I ever made her. I had to stop in the middle of 'making' the cake as it was her bedtime. What do you know! she took the dress with her and kept it near her pillow while she slept.
Totally, one hundred percent worth it project!
I do have the construction pictures so I will be writing a tutorial for this sometime soon. But first I have to finish 36751 projects that are lying half finished in my sewing room.
Until next time!

Pin It

9 comments:

  1. That is so sweet that she took the dress to bed with her. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great when the little ones are so appreciative! This is a super cute dress though, so I can see why she loves it! Your last comment about the number of projects you have to complete...I can relate! Here's to a productive weekend! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute dress, and it's so cute how she slept with the dress! What a little sweetheart. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too cute! Do we get to see the birthday girl in the dress?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is SO adorable! And I love that she wanted to sleep with it. Makes a mamma proud, doesn't it? Love it! Thanks for sharing at Tip Me Tuesday!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute Dress. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this and any other posts. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. It runs from Wednesday to Sundays.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/10/almond-sugar-body-scrub-and-wednesdays.html
    I hope to see you there. I am your newest follower, and I would love for your to follow me also. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why she would love this dress so much! It is adorable!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave some sugar :)