Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Dress for myself

Sewing project: Zipper flower diy
This is not something I made recently but its rare for me tro sew for myself, and even rarer to get it right. So I thought I would share:
Details on the neck:


zipper flower diy
Fabric painting on the hem:

distressed fabric painting

I used foam stamps to do it. I was going for a distressed look for these wheels, but they ended up more faded than I wanted. Oh well! Still when I wore it, my friend thought I bought it at Macy's. Thanks dear!
I could really use some complements on this one.
Pattern Used: Simplicity 3529

And here's a sneak peek at my sewing table:

4 comments:

  1. Love the zipper flowers. Wickedly awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love the flowers and the stamps you added. It makes the dress look really unique. I agree with your friend - looks like something you'd get at Macy's.

    Thanks for linking up at the Sunburnt Cow link party.

    Cheers,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I LOVE it! I have a lot of fabric for crafts...maybe I should try to make something to wear! Thanks for giving the pattern number! I'll look for it! ♥ LOVE the little details...it makes something so unique and special! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of many fabulous tips you shared here. There are endless ways to create a theme on any dress. It is so cute and superb to wear on any vintage functions.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some sugar :)