Monday, July 11, 2011

Simple eyelet dress

Sewing project: Eyelet Dress
eyelet fabric dress sewing

While sorting her wardrobe, I realized that little missy needs some plain cotton woven dresses to be comfortable in the hot summer thats upon us now. In an ideal world, I would have foreseen this need and spent some time during spring to work on soft woven fabrics, instead of knits. Alas, we don't live in an ideal world, so I drafted a simple dress pattern with her measurements and made her this dress. Of course she needs many more of these, so you're going to see many more of these in the posts to come.

8 comments:

  1. Thats nice..simple and elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Stopping by from Tip junkie link party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I just love eyelet dresses for little girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, that dress is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty! will you share the pattern and a tutorial?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Julie, I'm not sure about the tutorial but I AM working on the pattern to share here. Check back soon or email me at bloomsandbugs[at]gmail[dot]com, to get notified when I share the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Stacy! You just gave me the nudge I needed, pattern is up now! Check it out and let me know if you face any issues.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some sugar :)