For a long time the idea of these pants had been bubbling in my mind, I had been thinking about it again and again, but I could never quite imagine it clearly in my mind. Its not that they are particularly complicated, its just that I wanted some unique design element that I hadn't done before and I just wasn't able to put everything together in my head.
Finally I had enough. I thought "What the heck! At the most I'll be wasting some fabric and a couple of hours...but maybe I'll learn something new if I try". So I sort of winged it...and here they are.
They didn't turn out exactly the way I imagined, but they are perfectly wearable and little one thinks she becomes Aladdin when she wears them. She looks super cute in them and I learned what not to do next time. Yes, there's a next time I'm already working on it.
All in all, I think the time spent was totally worth it. Afterall, we got an outfit thats magic carpet ready :D