Thursday, January 12, 2012

There's an Elf on my shelf

Blooms And Bugs: Behind the scenes
Photo credit: earl53 from morguefile.com
I know its way past the holidays and here I'm talking about elves. Well I kinda sorta got an elf around the Christmas and I thought today is a good time to talk about that...why? Read on..
Its been about 8 months since I started this blog. I have loved every minute of it even though it was difficult to juggle home, office, shop and blog all at the same time. I feel like I have been making some difference, doing something worthwhile and of course, I got to sew! what could be better. But slowly I have come to the realization that even though I try to be efficient in everything I do and work really hard, I still can't do everything by myself. Now, I have always been a DIY kind of person...whether something is too simple or too difficult, I like to tackle it myself. For the most part its good, you get to learn new things all the time, you figure out how to get better at many new skills...sometimes though, it becomes difficult to get by doing everything by myself. At those times, I believe, its good to ask for help...and I did.

I was finding it really hard to focus on creating good stuff and writing good content for this blog along with all the publicity work I had to do to promote each of my post. So I asked Ruchi to help me out. And oh boy! Did she help!

Ruchi is a cousin of mine. Though we never got a chance to kind of "Grow up together" as we were living too far apart, but as I grew older and started traveling by myself, I got many opportunities to visit my Aunt and meet Ruchi and her other siblings. Slowly, I began to appreciate the potential and dedication this girl had. She is a mathematics wizard and teaches quantitative maths to students her own age. And from what I am told her students absolutely adore her. She even has a quantitative analysis blog over here. On top of all that, she agreed to help me with the promotion of my blog and I already see her making a huge positive impact on my blog.

Its a big burden off my shoulders and I feel like I'm finally free to create and to share. Two things that I loved about having a sewing blog to begin with. Thanks Ruchi!

So why I chose today to write about her. Well, today happens to be Ruchi's birthday. Happy birthday dear sis! Wish you a long life full of joy and success. Its been a privilege to get to know you.

Hop on over to her blog to wish her!


Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some sugar :)