Saturday, April 7, 2012

First birthday today

Blooms And Bugs: First Birthday



All the Blooms And Bugs headers over the past year





Oh my! How time flies by. It was exactly an year ago that I started this blog...at the time I had no clue what I wanted to do with a blog, and why I wanted a blog. I just started on a whim. And look how far we have come now.

From a lone voice on the World Wide Web to now a community of 300+ followers and 400+ facebook fans, Blooms And Bugs is slowly morphing into a place that I hope is making a meaningful impact to at least some of you. I have continued to get engaged in various sewing communities across the web and I'm now seeing good traction there as well.
If you're a crafter and have never been to pinterest you're really missing out. Its a very easy to use platform for bookmarking useful articles and pictures on web. did I say its very easy? Probably that explains why it is so popular and addictive. Really I could spend the whole day just gawking and pinning stuff there.
If you're interested you can follow me on pinterest here:
http://pinterest.com/bloomsnbugs/
 Inspired by all the crafty goodness I found via pinterest and just to keep track of my favorites, I started this new blog : Sew Pretty Sew Free. It is based on a very simple concept, I try to post a free sewing tutorial that I like here everyday. I have some great things in mind for this space too, we will see how much I get done. I would really love it if you check it out and if you like it do follow it. That would be just awesome.


Craftsy is another forum where I have been adding my projects for a long time now. It is such a supportive platform for crafters, you could show your projects, link up your tutorials, link up items from your etsy shop, put your own patterns for sale, all for free. Blooms And Bugs now have over 150 followers on Craftsy. If you're joining it, do stop by to say hi
 http://www.craftsy.com/user/176812/projects
 I go by the name camomma over there ( I know!)

I have you wonderful readers to thank for all these milestones ( and many more that I hope to hit). Thank you so much for your support and encouragement and for our shared interest of sewing. I have learned so much in the past one year and I hope I continue to grow as a seamstress and as a person in the coming year and keep sharing my journey with you all. Happy first birthday Blooms And Bugs!

As a token of thanks I am going to do a really nice giveaway tomorrow. Be sure to check out.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Happy blog anniversary ...

    Ps fell free to share my free tutorials on the new blog x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some sugar :)