Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Fall Wardrobe Revamp: Vinyl embellishment mini tutorial



Here is a mini tutorial for our Fall Wardrobe Revamp 2012 series. Here are the other tutorials from the series:




Happy Diwali to my Indian readers. Hope the festival of lights brings prosperity and happiness in your lives.
Here is a Tank top I refashioned recently. I found it at H&M. It was my favorite color, with a very flattering silhouette and a soft jersey fabric. The only problem was that it looked very..uhh..tank top..ish...

So first I first reduced the neckline.


Then I cut out some golden iron on vinyl in a simple paisley design.


Covered with a TEFLON Sheet. This works the same as covering vinyl with a cotton fabric but since it is almost transparent you could see your design while ironing. Ironed on high with no steam.

Peeled off the protective film and Yaay!!. Paisley top. I love how it looks just a bit festive without screaming glitter.
I have made many more things with vinyl so I will be showcasing many of those things this week, and giving a quick rundowm on how to make them.

Disclaimer: I received free vinyl samples from tmtusa to try and feature here. The projects and opinions are 100% mine.

Pin It