Monday, June 13, 2011

Peasant Dress Flurry continues!

Peasant Dress Sewing Project
So this is the benefit of saving a template - you can sew many more garments based on a single pattern without having to go through the time consuming process of drafting the pattern and altering it until it fits well. The thing with the fit is that you wont get a perfect fit easily, whether you draft your own pattern or
follow a pattern you bought. Because human beings are not made according to a standard but the patterns are. So whatever you do, you have to go though a little trial and error before you have a perfect fit. But I digress....
I was smart enough to save the template when I made the peasant dress last time, which actually fit my daughter well. So now I'm whipping out peasant dresses...fast! There are actually so many little variations you can make to any pattern that nobody will ever notice you made the same thing like...10 times.  Here's my latest attempt.
sewing project : peasant dress

If you look at it carefully you'll notice that the neck is wonky...stare at it a little more and you will also notice that the ruffle in the center is not exactly...errr...straight!
peasant dress sewing pattern

But that is the advantage of having little kids...dress them in paper bags and they will still look cute. So yeah! it looks totally awesome on the little one. Awesome! now that's the look I was going for.

8 comments:

  1. That's adorable. Can you post some projects on Saturday? You can do as many as you like. I'm just starting with the Linky and need as many links as I can and I love colorful stuff like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your work here!! Your kid is lucky to have such a talented mom:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, there! I'm admiring all your creative posts here. Can you please them at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

    PS: I am also currently holding a blog party called Market Your Biz and Giveaways where you can link up your etsy, online boutique or giveaways. You're more than welcome to come and get your business and giveaways promoted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No matter what you say about that dress, it is AWESOME!!!! The fact that you can sew, and just whip up dresses like that is amazing!! LOVE it!!
    xxDanella

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sweet,I can just see my grand daughter in this,, I made little dresses for my daughters and now I'm amking them for my grand daughter,, the circle of life, it lovely,, well done,, I'm your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand the woes of imperfection, but the dress is really amazing! I love the fabrics and detail. You do need a pic of your daughter in it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. I want to make an adult version. Do you think it's possible? Thank's again for linking to Sew Woodsy last week! Keep on linking great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute. I really wish I could sew like this cuz I'd be copying you and making this dress for myself!

    Thanks so much for linking up. I featured you over at Screaming Sardine.

    Have a great holiday weekend!

    Cheers,
    Tracy Screaming Sardine

    ReplyDelete

Leave some sugar :)