Friday, June 8, 2012

Breezy Dress from Qulit blocks

Breezy Sundress Sewing Project
breezy dress





I knew I loved this collection from Ellen, the moment I first saw it one her blog. Cheerful bright primary colors, geometrical shapes, it has that fun vibe to it.
I finally broke down last week and bought a yard of this Quilt Blocks Collection from Moda Fabrics.

Bodice closeup of breezy dress

It was difficult to decide on just one fabric from the collection but I thought this fabric fit the design that I had in mind. Unfortunately, the design I envisioned didn't work out, so I had a change of plans.

lace inlay neckline

Close-up of neckline, with a lace inlay. A hot pink lace would have been better, but I didn't have any on hand. So I had to make do with a baby pink.

border at hemline
A close up of the border attached at the hemline.
The good thing is that it fits munchkin well.

Now we just need to add some icing...I do have a couple of ideas in mind like always. Will keep you posted.
Have a good weekend!





Pin It

9 comments:

  1. I would love to try something like this.
    www.blissfulsewing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little one is lucky to have a crafting, sewing, designing Mom. Thank you for sharing with us what you do..luv it!
    -Jonell
    South Alabama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I saw your dress on Simply Designing. I love it! It's very nice and it would also look great on my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute!!! I'm loving all of the outfits you are linking up! Here's a link to the master list of ongoing parties, so you'll be able to see the best link party for each project. I've moved this from the baby linky to the Girls' Dresses.
    http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/p/threading-your-way.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute. Too bad I don't have a little girl to try this out on. I'd love for you to link this cute dress up to our link party!

    http://crafting-cousins.blogspot.com/2012/06/what-i-wore-sunday-week-20.html

    ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another gorgeous dress! I love the lace inlay in the neckline!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave some sugar :)