Sunday, May 8, 2011

Kimono Dress

So I mentioned this book "Sweet Booties" by Valerie Van Shrader a alittle while ago and also said that I will be making more stuff out of this book.
Here's one of those:

kimono dress sewing project

In this dress I followed the pattern almost exactly, which is rare, and it fit my little one really well.
I like that Kimono Dresses are very flexible fit meaning they get used for a longer duration than other woven clothes, because the way they are closed with a tie in front, ensures that even if the child grows
 you can always tie it a little loose. It will still work well. Also if they get too short in length, they can be used as tops. I love clothes like these for growing kids.

9 comments:

  1. This is so precious! I should try to make one for my dolls! I'll look for this book! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just landed here from the Sunburnt Cow Link Party. I'm a brand new follower.

    That Kimono is the cutest thing ever.

    My blog is about art, photography, crafts, quotes and inspiration. I'd love for you to drop by and say hello.

    Bella Vida by Letty
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also came from The Sunburnt Cow link party. I am now a follower. I have seceral sewing blogs also. The Kimono Dress is so lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sewing is a real challenge for me, but that little dress is absolutely darling! I'd love to make one for my daughter and myself!

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could never do sew this! Nice job! It is simply adorable!

    Melissa
    MeloMomma

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I bet your daughter looked so adorable in it. I wish I had your sewing talent. :)

    Thanks so much for linking up to the Sunburnt Cow link party. I featured you over at All Thumbs Crafts.

    Cheers,
    Tracy All Thumbs Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! I totally agree about that style being really great for growing kiddos and to use some of those wonderful woven fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Indeed, this kimono dress is great for growing children, eh. Cute and very child friendly dress. :)

    Cheers,
    Cathy@How Embroidery Digitizing Companies Charged Their Service

    ReplyDelete

Leave some sugar :)